Finding it tricky to get your vehicle to a safety check? A mobile safety check (pink slip) provider may be able to come to you.
How it works
Mobile safety check inspections (previously called pink slips) are available for cars, motorcycles, and trailers, including caravans. Mobile examiners are authorised in the same way as regular safety check providers and submit your inspection report electronically to Transport for NSW.
You can arrange a time and location that suits you. For example, your vehicle could be inspected at your workplace, at home or where your caravan is stored. As long as the inspection site is safe and suitable and there’s an authorised mobile provider in your area.
You don’t even need to be present at the time of the inspection. When you book the inspection, the service provider should discuss:
- how you’ll pay
- where the inspection will take place
- how you will receive a copy of the safety check and brake test result (if relevant), and
- set clear expectations on access to the vehicle if you are not going to be present for the inspection.
Suitable locations for an inspection
Inspections must be conducted on a hard-level surface. Choose a site:
- that is clear of any obstructions
- has enough room to allow for the boot, bonnet, and doors of the vehicle to be fully opened
- will allow the examiner to conduct an inspection of all safety check standards.
The site cannot be:
- in close proximity to schools (eg school zones, supervised school crossings)
- near other sensitive land uses
- in unsafe or unsuitable areas with high pedestrian or traffic activity.
If in doubt, discuss location options with the provider at the time of booking.
If the vehicle fails the inspection
If any defects are identified in the first inspection, the necessary repairs are to be carried out within 14 days and a second inspection will follow. If your vehicle requires repairs in order to pass inspection, you don’t have to get the repairs done with the mobile examiner. You can book this work with any suitably qualified mechanic you choose.
Mobile safety check costs
The fee for the inspection and safety check is the same as the regular vehicle check fee. However, there may be an additional call-out or travel fee. The examiner must charge this amount separately to the safety check fee, and let you know how much it will be before you book.
How to Schedule Your Mobile Pink Slip Inspection:
1️⃣ Visit our website at www.pinksliptoday.com.au or give us a call at 1300 191 981.
2️⃣ Choose a date and time that works for you.
3️⃣ Relax and let our certified mechanic come to you for the inspection.
Get Your Pink Slip Inspection on the Go with Pink Slip Today’s Mobile Service!
Contact us today and let us take care of your vehicle’s safety, so you can focus on what matters most to you. Drive with confidence and peace of mind!